Diversity Across the Value Chain
Understand the impacts of diversity and inclusion efforts at every step to take them even further
Expert management consultant Peter Drucker has famously stated, “What gets measured, gets managed.” Tracking the implementation of diversity and inclusion initiatives is key to improve accountability, communicate progress, and increase buy-in from organizational stakeholders. Areas in need of additional support may also be identified within this process. The DAT can connect organizations with existing data, guidance, and best practices to inform an effective measurement and tracking strategy.
- Is diversity considered in procurement?
- Is gender equity and diversity considered in research and development?
- Is diversity considered in designing and developing products and programs?
- Does the organization consider the impact of its stated goals and projects on diverse people?
- Does the organization offer the same number and quality of program choices to people of diverse groups?
- Does the organization consider and communicate the importance of diversity in its marketing programs?
See the Plays:
- Is the importance of diversity considered and communicated in media buys?
- Is the importance of diversity communicated in all its publications (internal and external)?
- Is there a policy requiring inclusive language and images in all organizational communications and promotional material?
- Does the organization ensure that stereotypes about diverse groups have been eliminated in all media?
- Does the organization recognize the contributions, skills and expertise of women and diverse people in award and recognition programs?
- Are customer service programs able to cater to diverse consumers (e.g. people with disabilities)?
- Does the company/organization engage in gender-lens investing or investing with an emphasis on diversity and inclusion?
- Does the organization’s framing of innovation allow for multidisciplinary and cross sectoral opportunities? Is innovation limited to technology and technological development?